Ritalin Stories
Another ADHD (Inattentive Type) moment today: I'm driving along to the community pool to get pool passes for the summer. I'm way on autopilot, cause I grew up in this town, so my mind goes Somewhere Else. I come out of my fugue state a few minutes later and I've passed it and am approaching a major intersection. I turn around, do the internal chuckle thing re my ADHD-osity, and mentally launch off into orbit again. Next thing I know I'm at the intersection past the pool the other way. We're talking about losing focus twice during a two-minute drive.
I did the following exciting things (which required multiple trips to and from my car as I kept forgetting key items I'd need for my errands, including, at one point, my purse): deposited money at bank. Dropped very slightly overdue video off at library. Proceeded to bookstore to buy grossly overdue Father's Day present for my dad (first attempt, khakhi shorts, didn't fit him). Spend forty minutes in there in another visionary haze. Go to father's house, drop off present, proceed to pool (see above). Take care o' business, go to P.O. to drop off all-important PTA bylaw revisions. Wait on line awhile, but the guy ahead of me is nice and we speculate about the bright red liquid on the floor that we're about sure is not blood--too orange. Go home, walk dog, once again lament haven't written cheesy potboiler: too much time taken up with soul-destroying errands. Original plan was to have novel be a murder mystery called "Least Restrictive Environment" re mayhem in special education. I'm thinking of broadening my palette to include general PTA: "Bake Sales, Brownies...And Blood"; "Mother-Daughter Fashion Show Mystery!" Et alia.
I hope my reader has a fab Fourth. And I promise to stop channeling Bridget Jones.
No comments:
Post a Comment