Just for my brother's potential amusement: more adventures in eating. So yesterday we went into NYC, the spousal unit and I. He wanted to go to a famous steak place; I wanted something from Zagat's. His stomach was bothering him, so I won. So we go downtown, in the heat and dust, b/c I wanted Union Square Cafe, and while I didn't know the address, how hard could it be to find, b/c the name was Union Square Cafe? Except of course it's not directly on Union Square, and after about three seconds in the aforementioned heat and dust we were pretty wilted, but there was a Virgin Megastore right there, so we went in and grabbed a Zagat's and looked up the addy and phone number.
It was a waaaay off hour, which on the Guyland would still mean service, but there meant it wasn't one of their regular seatings. So we ended up with the limited bar menu, which consisted of soup, sandwiches, ersters, and like that. We went with some kind of soup that had nettles ("stinging nettles," the bartender added unnecessarily) and halibut in it--delicious--and then we split the greatest tuna fish salad sandwich ever, and then I had some kind of strawberry tart thing avec sorbet, and lo, it was good.
The couple next to us was ordering Bloodies and trying different flavors of vodka to see how it affected the Bloodies. We just had water. It was wicked hot out, after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment