Thursday, June 08, 2006

Brooklyn Queens Day Rules!

I'm off today--if I were a real, i.e. paid, teacher, I'd have to go in and do some kind of administrative crapola. But today, I got to sleep late and put the kinder on the bus.

Ah, the simple pleasures of life. Then I'm going to go out and get my hair colored and cut. Then I'm getting a pedicure. Refreshed and restored, I return to class Friday. And then, le weekend.

My students commented yesterday that I must really like teaching if I'm willing to do it for free. Then they asked how I'm surviving if I have no income. I noted the existence of the spousal unit. Then I tried to get them to do their independent reading. I'm sort of like their favorite babysitter: they like me and they'll kind of listen to me, but yesterday they really didn't feel like it, and anyway their mom, the cooperating teacher, wasn't there, so they didn't have to anyway. It sort of scares me for next year....

No comments:

 
Who links to me?