Sunday, June 04, 2006

Another day in the life. Went to a very nice albeit kinda New Age-y bar mitzvah. Glancing reference to the Big Questions: why did God allow the Holocaust? I didn't hear any answers that exceptionally satisfied me, though I'll take revelation where I can find it--Sunday afternoon in the burbs is as good a place as any. No revelation forthcoming. Left after the service.

And so to bed. Not really: there are papers to grade and lesson plans to write and I have brownies baking in the oven for my students who were exceptionally well-behaved on Thursday and thus deserving of sugar'n'carbs.

I'm trying to lose weight, and while the weight is somewhat lower than it was a few months ago, I don't see the difference where it really counts--when I try on clothing. Because really, how you look is what matters.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?