So I found out that the middle school here showed this movie called Radio as part of Character Ed., which was really just babysitting while they had a Nationally Known Expert in to talk to the teachers. If you missed in the theaters, and practically everyone did, it's basically an After School Special starring Cuba Gooding Jr. and some talented actors on the downward trajectory of their careers: Debra Winger, Ed Harris, and Alfre Woodard. One acquaintance took her kid home. And someone else thought it was a great movie and I shouldn't criticize it until I'd seen it.
And in general, I think that you shouldn't criticize or get all opinionated re works you haven't seen, except that I've seen enough of the trailers and the film plot: I may not be able to define crap, but I know it when I see it. I got into quite a rant about it last night: it reminds me of this story that makes the disability list rounds, re a disabled kid who is allowed to play on a team, and he's there to help the other kids be better by allowing him to play. Or something like that. Like a disabled kid is a suffering Christ figure, whom we can contemplate and thus earn redemption.
So, um. Yeah, I wasn't making too many friends for myself there....
No comments:
Post a Comment