Another Entry in the Ritalin Diaries
Yesterday, I noticed the idiot light was showing up on my dash, so I made a mental note to get more gas in the car before teaching this AM. So this AM I was kind of running late, and also it was pouring, so I decided to take my chances getting to Hempstead for my class. And the light hadn't gone on when I turned the car on, and my gauge is fairly temperamental anyway, so maybe it wasn't that low. Although shortly before the Meadowbrook the light went back on, but I proceeded to get there on fumes and figured I could find a gas station on Hempstead Turnpike. And indeed there was the gas station, so I pulled in, feeling relieved, reached behind for my wallet and credit cards....and realized I'd left without my purse. Doh! to the fifth power.
So I had to call the spousal unit to come fill my car with gas, b/c I then had to drive another two miles or so to my car. He was surprisingly good-natured about it. (Props to my best friend for being willing to drive over with money as a backup if I couldn't find the spousal unit.)
I don't do things this stupid all that often, but I do seem to have a lot of cutting-it-close moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment