More pheromones
Went to the toy store and needed a deck of cards to play "Go Fish" with for Secundo, whose speech is dysfluent. The idea is that he uses "stretchy talk" to describe the fish and that gradually increases length of sentence he can use w/o dysfluency. Or something like that. So I asked for a game of "Go Fish" and they couldn't find it right away, so they asked if I wanted another card game. I said no, it specifically needed to be "Go Fish" b/c my son needed it for speech therapy. And then the other customer in the store started laughing b/c she's a speech therapist. And the girl behind the counter got all excited too, b/c she's studying speech pathology in college (there were five people in the store, btw: me, the speech pathologist-customer, her friend, the speech pathology student-cashier, and her mom, the store owner). So we had a cool time talking about dysfluency and where to do evaluations, and I got the names of some professors who could maybe help me out.
We Are Everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment