Sunday, May 09, 2004

Mother's Day
Being the fun-loving person I am, I went to the cemetery to visit my mother's grave, and then, being in the neighborhood, I went to another cemetery to pay my respects to some other relatives. While I was there, I passed a section that had markers written entirely in Hebrew. And, as I was driving by, I had a little cognitive dissonance: was that a microwave by one of the markers? It sure looked like a microwave with something inside of it: some colored cubes, from what I could see from my car. I didn't quite feel right, y'know, getting out and taking a look, because it's someone's final resting place, not an anthropology field trip. And then, by some of the other plots, I saw metallic boxes, which looked like they'd been set up on posts. I noticed a Hasidic group waiting as I left, just as a data point. So, my Lone Reader, any ideas what they were?

No comments:

 
Who links to me?