Sunday, April 04, 2004

SD 1-Me 0
So Friday I had a meeting with the forces of darkness in Central Admin. (actually, I like the administrators personally, but they are Satan's minions. It's in the job description) and it didn't go my way. There was a lot of fairly effective administrative jujitsu, whereby the fact that my child is bright and adorable and compensating well gets turned back on me to show that he doesn't in fact need services, which he does.


I feel pretty bad about this, partly b/c I know my child needs the services and partly b/c I hate to lose. Which is sort of a strange thing to say, b/c it makes me wonder if I'm so emotionally detached that I'm approaching this as a blood sport, which makes me not that different from my buddy Zvi Greissman.

I spoke to one of the wise village elders, aka one butt-kicking Mother from Hell, who told me she'd lost big (she is absolutely as tough as they come), which I found comforting. Course, I'm not done yet. Heck, I'm just getting started.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?