Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Well, as long as I'm home reading the Times instead of doing something educational with the kiddies, I'll make fun of an article on children's clothing, one of the few topics on which I can claim some expertise. In keeping with the Times' editorial policy of assuming all fads among Upper East Siders apply to the rest of America, this article talks about some teeny little demographic that likes to dress its kids in baby adult clothing, a wider trend my list likes to refer to as "junior slutwear," except in this case we're talking about very, very expensive scaled down versions of uncute adult styles.

pedantic mode on: It also refers to Richardson's Pamela as a governess. She wasn't: she was a maid--one of the major conflicts of the novel is Mr. B resisting the idea of marriage because Pamela is not of his social class. The other conflict is that he keeps trying to rape her. turning off mode.

There--I feel much better having gotten that out of my system.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?