Dwight has a great post over at Wampum on Eric Schopler, may his memory be for a blessing, and Bruno Bettelheim, of whom the same should not be said.
Today I was in line @ Fairway and there was a woman whose little boy was making some noises that seemed stimmy. But then I start to think that I'm looking for autism everywhere. And then he never spoke, and he didn't turn toward his mother when she spoke to him, just continued looking at the chrome on the side of the conveyor belt and making his happy stim noises. I let them go ahead of me and said something about remembering what it was like to have kids that age, and then I felt bad, b/c maybe she was thinking, "My kid is older than you think." At least she got out of there quicker.
Randomness: trying to do more cooking for myself in an effort to a) save money and b) lose weight. There is never stuff in the house I like to eat, b/c the spousal unit does a lot of the shopping, so I end up eating someone else's snack food, which isn't v. satisfying.
More adventures in Ritalin: when I went food shopping today at about 6:45 PM, the parking lot was close to empty, so I just zoomed in and parked at the end, which was close enough to the supermarket that jockeying for further position seemed unnecessary. Nevertheless, when I exited the store about fifteen minutes later, it still took me several minutes to find my car. As usual.
No comments:
Post a Comment