This week's mini-crisis in Primera-Land. All year she has been obsessing about last year's bus and some kid named Jude whom she strenuously disliked. This year camp starts and voila! No Jude! But instead there is some Mean Girl who is annoying her, and of course Primera, being the socially astute kid she is, says something like "Fine! If you don't stop it I'll switch to ANOTHER BUS!" which is really gonna bring this kid to her knees. The bus driver is nice and had already spoken to the kids before I asked him to, but next day, still complaints: she was blocking Primera's way when she wanted to sit next to some other girl, etc. Meanwhile this kid is in like ninth grade. What gives? What ninth grader has to get her jollies from bossing around a 9-year-old? So anyway, I'm furious and would love to go up to the camp, lie in wait for this kid, and bitch-slap her into submission, or do what my aunt did when some kid with mob connections was bothering my cousin: she got the kid over by her house and held him while my cousin took a couple of pokes at him.
But I am not the woman my aunt is, alas, so I call up the camp and ask them to speak to this girl. Which they do--actually to Primera and the Mean Girl, and they basically tell them to stay away from each other, which I guess was to avoid directly blaming the kid. Primera was making some noises about how then she heard Mean Girl saying something about the conversation and I said "FINE! Let her TALK as long as she is NOT BOTHERING YOU!" And I know it's only a matter of time before Primera can't resist and she'll say something else because she is kind of obsessive and probably wants to be on the other bus with her friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment