Thursday, June 15, 2006

The following things happened after my previous post: I went to take care of the aforementioned red tape; I didn't have all the library books I needed, though I'm told there isn't a block on my records even though I still can't find three of the damn books; I realized I had no (0) money on me, except for a dollar bill and some coins, so I had to use the muni meter and keep feeding it my dwindling supply of coins; I needed to see someone named Jane. Jane was going to be out to lunch until 1. I then went to see the person I need to see after I see Jane. I was told that since I didn't have the forms from Jane, I'd have to come back at 2, when they'd be done having their end of year banquet lunch. My muni meter ticket was due to run out at 1:51. I went to have lunch at someplace called Da Deli, where I had something that billed itself as a grilled chicken pannino with pesto mayonnaise. Fraid not. It was suspiciously liquidy, the whole production. So after that scary little interlude, while I wondered re salmonella b/c I don't think the chicken was cooked the whole way through (but seriously, what is wrong with me that I'm ordering up pesto mayonnaise at someplace called Da Deli?), I went back to Jane and got the paperwork I needed. I was told, "Make copies of this. You'll need it." Except I had no money for copies, except for the 90 cents I had on me for the muni meter. I figured I only needed another half-hour, made my copies, and suddenly realized (I thought) that I'd left one of the crucial pieces of paper at home, except I found out later it was in my purse the whole time.

After that I went shopping.

But seriously, I did make some progress. I returned the five library books, at least, and I have copies of the papers, though I've already lost one set twice, so I don't have as much confidence as I might.

I called when I got home and was told that the office where I need to drop off all my little bits of paper won't be open tomorrow, so I should just slip everything under the door. Reminds me of a professor who told us we could turn our papers in after hours by sliding them under his door, but we had to decide if we believed in Hardy's version of fate or Fielding's, b/c we'd be SOL if it accidentally got swept up and thrown out. I took my chances anyway, b/c I was young and stupid.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?