To the people googling Christine Mischenko (apparently they would constitute the bulk of my readership): there has been no news on this story for several weeks, that I can tell. Nothing to see here, folks.
I need Dayquil: what happens when I break into my fall/winter clothing, which has a fine veneer of dust mites, apparently. Never sure what to wear these days. Compromise choice for today: pale green (sea foam? Slightly darker) short-sleeved cashmere sweater, scoop-necked (layers! I love layers!). Pretty color. I look fat in it.
The school district is starting this rockin' new social skills program. Maybe she'll be cured. It is, however, better than not starting a rockin' new social skills program. And what I like about it in particular is that it involves a change in the environment, b/c the peers around her are trained; my kid spends a hell of a lot of time learning to adapt to our world.
She said she wants me to pick her up from school today. I told her I can't (which is true--I have work). She's afraid that I won't be there at the bus stop for her. Ach. She's had a hard week.
It's a three-day weekend. A rest for her from the bruises of the outside world. I will take her to the ice cream parlor when I get home. There may be a manicure for her in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment