Thursday, August 26, 2004

SSDD
Actually, we had one Exciting Thing happen today, which was that Secundo's kindergarten teacher assignment came in the mail. I found out it was coming today b/c I called the school and spoke to the secretary: she said it got put in the mail yesterday and should be here today. I said, "And they should start breaking the doors down by tomorrow." She wasn't amused. This isn't a low-maintenance town. I'm told that Secundo's teacher is Really Great and at least one kid in her class from a couple of years ago ended up in the gifted program, so apparently she doesn't stunt kids' intellectual growth. Whatever: she's young, creative, and enthusiastic. And it's kindergarten, not college. Secundo was briefly interested when I showed him a letter from her that came in the packet, describing her dog and asking the kids to draw a picture of something they like doing. He doesn't like to draw, so I expect it'll be a fight to get him to do his first homework assignment.

The less exciting thing was that the special ed. teacher who pushes into Primera's class will be the same dope we had last year. Just not a bright woman.

Went to the cemetery today with my aunt (hi, Tante, if you're reading!). Stuffed envelopes for the local shul. Mitzvahs R Us.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?