Monday, June 21, 2004

Wheels Within Wheels
So I get a call from my kid's speech therapist today telling me that the director of special ed for the district seemed concerned re how much speech my kid was getting. A) It had been decided at the annual review and I'd signed off on it B) WTF? So I send a joking email to the director saying something like "Making trouble with speech here?" And she said, "No, that's that speech therapist. She always has to check with the entire world that it's okay." And, implicitly, of course it's okay.

At least I know who I'm dealing with now: this person's mission is to cover her ass with the district, never mind my kid. This is the semi-Asperger side of me. I don't get dealing with people's hidden agendas, reading between the lines, and maneuvering. Rational argument and, failing that, temper tantrums are more my speed. Which is why I think I understand my kiddo so completely. I am she and we are me and....

No comments:

 
Who links to me?