More Proof that High School Never Ends
I've been watching with interest and disgust the recent Board of Election follies in this district--makes Mean Girls look like Bible camp, not that I would know. Meanwhile, my friend MB's campaign is getting harassed by vandals. I'd be more blase about it if I hadn't seen the real damage this kind of meanspiritedness can do on a local level. Anyone who thinks we're more than a few evolutionary milliseconds away from snarling, slathering carnivores is delusional.
I'm watching with grim fascination NYC's third-grade retention policy unfold, and by "unfold" I mean "proceed on its horrible and inevitable collision course."
And now to take my dog to the vet. Had a lengthy discussion with Secundus about public health policy and the need for vaccination. Predictably, he became very interested (read: worried in a slightly obsessive way) in the spread of disease and the possibility of infection.
My, I'm chatty today. Must feed the demands of my vast public.
No comments:
Post a Comment