Friday, January 30, 2004
Two articles this week in the Times on autism. Good. April is Autism Month. Virginia is for lovers. Today's article, by the way, was in some ways laughable: families do not have that much power over school districts, and they must have deep pockets even to pursue a court case. The situation is much bleaker in terms of actually finding placement or therapists than the article describes. And I only wish baking brownies had that much of an effect. I've brought more than my share of doughnuts and baked goods to meetings, and they simply don't have that much power. Nobody touches them: they sit in the middle of meetings like a big carbohydrate centerpiece, and then they probably get taken to the main office to be consumed by random people walking through. I'm also curious why the author never mentioned ABA by name. WTF? Looks like she did some short interviews with talking heads while focusing on the Lombardi family.
No comments:
Post a Comment